5 Day Tasmania Tour
Our 5 day Tasmania tour has been designed to give you:
– Opportunity to eat at boutique restaurants featuring unique Tasmanian dishes.
– A variety of tasty fresh produce (eg. cheese, chocolate, fruits, jams, oysters, cider and possibly abalone).
– Wines from our award winning vineyards.
– Interaction with our animals. You can touch and feed kangaroos, see Tasmanian devils, wombats and more.
– An introduction to Tasmania’s convict past.
– Extra tours during the evening if you want to experience more.
To get the best experience in Tasmania you need to spend at least one night away from the city. The nature is incredible in Tasmania and is one of the major reasons why Lonely Planet listed Tasmania in the World’s Top 10 places to visit for 2013. Our tour has overnight stops in Cradle Mountain and Bicheno.
Day 1 – Hobart (or Launceston) to Cradle Mountain
- Departing Hobart we travel alongside the picturesque Derwent River for great views.
- Visit the Beautiful heritage town Ross: convict built bridge, and tasting of a famous pie from Ross Pie shop.
- Midlands farming region: pass through heritage towns and see numerous livestock & crop farms.
- Scenic town of Westbury: a visit to the Honey Farm for tastings of Tasmania’s pure honey.
- Cradle Mountain National Park to experience the incredible World Heritage Area.
- Pencil Pines Walk & Enchanted Walk.
- Waldheim Chalet and Weindorfers Forest Walk.
- Evening time in Cradle Mountain to relax and explore at your own pace. Tasmanian native animals hide during the day and come out during the evening. You will most likely see Wombats, Wallabies, Kangaroos, Possums and Quolls. After 5pm is the best time to be in Cradle Mountain – the area comes alive.
Dinner: There’s limited options in Cradle Mountain. We recommend our accommodation restaurant Cradle Mountain Hotel. (Additional expense).
Day 2 – Cradle Mountain to Launceston
- Enjoy the scenery and relax in Cradle Mountain National Park until 2pm.
- Dove Lake Walk (easy, 2hrs) or Marion’s Lookout (steep, 3hrs).
- Visit Sheffield – a unique town of 30+ murals.
- Tastings at Ashgrove Cheese factory, a fruit farm or Anvers Chocolates.
- Scenic tourist drive back to Launceston.
Day 3 – Bay of Fires and East coast Tasmania
- Bay of Fires: relax on the beach or have a swim in the crystal clear waters (conditions permitting) (Lonely Planets must see for 2009).
- A walk to the Gardens: a renowned isolated shack area with stunning views of the ocean.
- A very scenic drive down the coastal road to pass plenty of white sandy beaches with crystal clear pacific ocean water.
Dinner: A few local options, but we recommend a seafood restaurant for some great fresh seafood (Additional expense).
Day 4 – Wineglass Bay, Richmond & Hobart
- View the hazards at Freycinet National Park.
- Take the impressive walk to the lookout of Wineglass Bay (2hrs) or drive with us to Cape Tourville lighthouse, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay.
- Learn to shuck oysters and taste the Tasmanian difference.
- Taste award winning wines at Freycinet and Pooley vineyards.
- Pick berries (seasonal) and discover handmade chocolates, jams etc at the gentle seaside town of Swansea.
- Explore Richmond Historic Village to see Australia’s oldest bridge, quaint timberwork, art and craft shops and check out their famous scallop pies.
- Explore unique flavours of cheese at Tasmania Wicked Cheese.
- Relax and take a stroll through Hobart, Salamanca and Battery Point in the evening.
- Freycinet Air scenic flight, ~$130pp,2-3pax, 30min flight, $175pp for the 45min flight
- Natureworld tour, ~$25pp
Final Dinner: Enjoy dinner at Mure’s – famous for its seafood in Tasmania. Fine dining or casual dining can be arranged as they offer both (Additional expense).
Day 5 – Huon / Channel, Mt Wellington
- Travel through quaint D’Entrecasteaux Channel towns and pass by numerous farms nestled between bushlands. Learn about the history of the area on your drive down.
- Drool over exquisite chocolates and locally made nougat at Nutpatch Chocolate Factory.
- Enjoy a coffee and wander through the art installations at the relaxed Peppermint Bay complex.
- Drive through the Huon Valley and enjoy relaxing scenery.
- Journey through rich forest on Mt Wellington to the pinnacle for an incredible finale view over Hobart and Southern Tasmania.
- Huon Jet boat, ~$80pp, children ~$58
- Franklin Wooden Boat shed tour, ~$9pp
- Pagan Cider tasting, $free
- Willie Smiths Cider tasting, ~$12pp
Public tours (ie non private groups)
Depart every Monday morning at 0830am from Hobart.
Depart every Monday around 1130am from Launceston.
Maximum of 11 guests per tour. Larger private groups can be accommodated.
Rates (includes entrance fees, Accommodation & 2 breakfasts):
Low Season (20/Apr – 30/Sep) : $1680 per person (twin share), $1980 (single).
High Season (01/Oct – 19/Apr) : $1780 per person (twin share), $2080 (single).
- Cradle Mountain: Cradle Mountain Hotel (buffet breakfast included)
- Launceston: Best Western (buffet breakfast included)
- Bicheno: Best Western
- Hobart: The Old Woolstore (buffet breakfast included)
If you would like to stay in higher quality accommodation then please advise.